Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Girls are here!

The girls have arrived! Mom-mom and I went to the post office this morning to pick up our new pets. They brought out a peeping, chirping box and I was going crazy trying to figure out what was in it. Mom-mom opened it up as soon as we got home, and we found three fluffy little chickies! They are very cute and are already playing around in their food dish.

Unfortunately, I have already moved on to other activities, so mom-mom did not get a picture of me with the girls. I will pose later.

Here's Dorothy...

and Betty...
and Ruth!
And all three fuzzy chicken butts in the food dish.

Call us crazy. We don't care. Mom-mom and I like our chickens.
Love, J

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really want one!

Anonymous said...

You ARE nuts!!! But you are your father's daughter.

Anonymous said...

Can I have them instead of real babies?

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love the names. I just saw a letter to Martha in MSL that said that chickens can be fed veggie scraps in addition to their feed. In fact, Martha said she hangs a cabbage in the coop so the chickens peck at that instead of each other. You got them through the post office? That doesn't sound very comfortable!