Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Trip

What a weekend! Mom-mom, dada, Aunt Sarah and I all piled into our car on Thursday night and drove north. I was such a good boy in the car! I did not even cry once.

We got close to Monterey that night, and stayed in a motel in Salinas. Salinas smells like broccoli.

Me, mom-mom, dada and Aunt Sarah got up and went to the aquarium in Monterey on Friday morning. That was lots of fun! Here are some pictures from our visit.



Friday after the aquarium we went to Asilomar, the place we were going to be staying at for the weekend. It was a camp built back in the early 1900's and it is such a neat place! We met Grandma and Grandpa Holko there and had a nice dinner and a little party.

Saturday morning I got to stay home with Grandma and the bog kids went back into Monterey and got to see the sea lions! Look how cute they are. I bet I can talk mom-mom into getting one...
Check out the starfish! He looks just like Patrick from Spongebob!
We left Sunday morning to begin our drive home. Mom-mom and Aunt Sarah wanted to drive down the coast to see the elephant seals, so that's what we did. They are even cuter than the sea lions! It sure was cold and windy there, though...


That's it for now. We have lots of stuff to catch up on today since we were gone all weekend! First task - find out where the smell of dead rat is coming from. Yay.

Love, J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Jake - it looks like you had a busy weekend!!! I'm kinda jealous actually :o)
I hope you find that dead rat (AAAHHHH).
Love you!! Give mom-mom and dada hugs and kisses from auntie lindsay!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you were able to spend some time together as a family. These moments will become the best times in your life. I wish you could be here or visa versa so that I could enjoy Jacob's new discoveries with you. Keep him exploring new places and things. Keep him excited about learning.....