Sunday, June 6, 2010

Touch a Truck

I have got to tell you about my weekend. It was a good one.

Mom and I had a few "dates." Ryan got to come along on the first one, but it was still fun. We just needed to get out of the house and do something, so mom said she would take us out for dinner and I could have anything I wanted. I decided on spaghetti. It was delicious. And messy.


Then, Saturday morning, mom said it was time for a surprise date with just me and her. I do like surprises.

Well, it turned out to be a TRUCK surprise. And I'm pretty sure that might be the best kind of surprise there is...

We got to the place and saw all kinds of trucks, tractors, race cars, and things with horns and sirens. There was even a garbage truck. It was awesome.

As if it weren't cool enough that the machines were all there to look at, they actually let us GO IN THEM. And sit in the drivers' seats. And touch all of the buttons.

We didn't take pictures of everything we saw. Mom and I were having too much fun together to worry about that. She did take some pictures with her phone, though. Check out some of the cool things I got to see!

Driving a race car.

Look how big this wheel is!

Dig this.

The Navy SEALS and Marines had a great area set up. They even brought GUNS!

Mom suggested I not point it at her...

And here is one of the coolest things that any kid (big or little) ever gets to do.



Mom totally pulled it a few times, too. She liked it almost as much as I did!

(This event was called "Touch a Truck," and was actually an event aimed at raising money for childhood cancer research. We think it's an awesome idea, an awesome cause, and an all around fantastic event for little boys. Check out their website here.)

You'd think my weekend couldn't get any better, but sure enough, it did. You'll never believe what I got today. I got a new bike! A two wheel big boy bike. Mom and dad helped me pick it out and I got to go for a ride around the block this afternoon. We'll post pictures soon!

I hope you had a good weekend like I did.

Love,
J


4 comments:

GJJ said...

Jacob, you must have had a great time. I hope you always wear your helmet on your new bike. Make sure Mommy wears her helmet, too. Love you, Miss you.

Lincoln said...

They let kids play with REAL guns?! I can't decide if that's the worst idea ever or the coolest! Get rid of the curiosity early, before they can do some damage!

Dad said...

Don't worry Lincoln. Even though the gun was loaded the safety was on the entire time.

Aunt Becky said...

I know a couple of bigger boys here that would liked to of been there too. Especially the gun part! What a perfect little boy day for a great cause. I am continually amazed and impressed with not only the photos you take but also your ability to tell the story. You need to start writing short stories and submitting them to magazines.