Wednesday, December 9, 2009

98 Is Close Enough

I know there are still some people out there who are worried about me, so I wanted to share some good news that will make everyone feel better.

I've been telling Mommy and Daddy that I am just fine, but they seem to need some sort of reassurance. The home health care nurse just stopped by to check me out and make sure I'm doing fine (even though anyone who sees me should already know I am), and she weighed me, checked my temperature, asked Mommy a bunch of questions, and checked my oxygen saturation. This is that number that everyone has been concerned about since I first arrived...

Her meter said 98%!

She said this is as close to perfect as she gets on her tester.

Mommy is very relieved to have this reassurance that the hole in my heart is closing up. Since my oxygen saturation is so good, it can only mean that there is less blood flowing through that little hole...less blood = smaller hole.



Just thought I'd share.

Love,
Ry

1 comment:

Janis said...

YAY!! Such great news!