Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was my first day of "school."

The day started off great. I was happy. Mom-mom was happy. We had breakfast. We got dressed. We got our backpack packed up and ready to go.






We took pictures in front of the house. We saw about 100 school buses on the way there. I was very excited.

We got to school found my classroom. I went in and headed straight for the trucks. I barely looked up as Mom-mom said goodbye to me and left.

Mom-mom admitted that she felt a little bit sad after she got in the car to leave. I guess she thought it was hard to leave me there.

I had a good time in the first part of the day while we were inside the classroom, and I liked playing outside with the toys and other kids. Something happened when we came back in, though. I had a little bit of a meltdown. Or, as I told Mom-mom later, "I freaked out, mom."

So...Mom-mom's phone rang because I had been crying very hard for about 20 minutes at school. The teachers thought maybe it would be nice if my Mom came back a little early to get me. She came in to find me face down on the floor, sobbing harder than I ever have before. She felt very sad for me and picked me up and took me to lunch with daddy.

After about 10 minutes, I was back to normal. Here is my take on the whole school thing after a day to think about it...


So, no worries. I'll be going back on Thursday (with my bike) and we'll try this again.

Love, J

4 comments:

Gramma JoJo said...

Holy crap, Jacob! I would be freakin' out too if I got left all alone at school when I was just 2 years old. Come stay with Me.

Molly's mommy said...

Gramma JoJo said HOLY CRAP! I find that very funny

Auntie Lindsay said...

HOLY CRAP!!! LOL I hope I didn't teach him that one....

Janis said...

I bet he does great on Thursday! So hard to leave our little guys. :(

(All my crap is strictly secular.)