Monday, January 31, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

Yep, that's where we went this weekend. To Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth. And actually, it pretty much IS the happiest place.

Even when it's really cold and rainy.

The rainy weather is directly to blame for the lack of pictures from this event.

We jumped in the car on Saturday and headed up north. We even got to bring Betsy with us!

We got to our hotel, which was literally right across the street from Disneyland. When we opened up the door to our room, we found BUNK BEDS! How fun is that? Being the birthday boy, I got to choose my bed.


Ryan and I hung out with Grandma and Grandpa that night while the big kids went to California Adventure. We had a birthday cake and everything.

Then, in the morning, the real fun began! We all headed over to the park for breakfast. Now, no one told me that this was a super-special breakfast, so I was a little shocked when I figured out that we got to eat breakfast with lots of special guests!

Check out my face when I saw Captain Hook walk into the room for the first time!


Ryan was having a fabulous time. He really loved seeing all of the characters.


Ry's favorite was Minnie Mouse. She bounced his balloon with him and he was instantly in love. 


I thought Eeyore was pretty cute. I gave him a hug and it made him feel happier.


Ryan was not afraid of Captain Hook. He even touched his hook!


We're not sure if this is Chip or Dale, but he was really cute...


After breakfast, we all headed out into the park to go on rides. First stop:


Since we had gotten into the park early, there was no line and we jumped right into our own boat. I sat in the front row with Brett and Kim and was all ready for a fun pirate ride. Then we started moving. And then I panicked. It was dark and we went down a waterfall. Luckily, I had a death grip on Uncle Brett's arm and he kept me safe. After a minute, I relaxed a bit and then it was really, really fun. Pirates shooting at each other and singing...how fun!

We then headed over to the Haunted Mansion, which I had to close my eyes in for a little while, but by the time we got to the hitch-hiking ghost part, I was laughing my head off.

Then we all headed over to the Jungle Cruise. Ryan liked this one, too.


And that's right about the time it started raining and Mom stopped taking pictures.

We went on roller coasters, which I LOVED. (Mom was shocked to hear me laughing and screaming on Thunder Mountain Railroad...she remembers being terrified of this ride.)

I got to meet Woody and Jessie from Toy Story. We will need to get the pictures from Kim and Grandpa Ken...

I rode the Matterhorn and thought the monsters in there were only kinda scary.

Here's a picture of me and Aunt Sarah from "It's a Small World." I really liked this ride a lot!


We ended our day in Toon Town, with a little ride in Mickey Mouse's car, parked right outside of his house.



Sorry...we wish there were more pictures.

Today we're home just hanging out with Betsy. Mom has to get to work on my Monster Truck cake.

Love,
J (the almost-birthday boy!)

3 comments:

Janis said...

How fun! Happy early birthday, Jacob! (That's Chip, btw. Dale has a red nose.)

Aunt Becky said...

Chip has the chocolate chip nose! That's how you can remember. You guys look like you had a great time. Next time I come out I want to go with you guys again. Although technically me and Alex were there once with Jacob when he was super little.

Aunt Becky said...

Chip has the chocolate chip nose! That's how you can remember. You guys look like you had a great time. Next time I come out I want to go with you guys again. Although technically me and Alex were there once with Jacob when he was super little.