Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a Weekend!

Oh my goodness...what a weekend!

On Friday, I got a real neat surprise when I was at the grocery store with Grandma Susan. We saw a fire truck in the parking lot and walked over to see it up close. The nice firemen let me drive the truck! I got to sit up in the seat and steer. And then they gave me a fireman badge. It was a great early birthday present for me. Firemen sure are great guys...

THEN, went spent Saturday morning at home, just me, mom-mom and daddy. It was really nice outside so we ate our breakfast on the patio and played for a while in the sun. Mom-mom caught me and daddy having a man-to-man conversation by the pond. He was telling me all the things I would need to know when I was 2. I'm lucky to have such a good daddy!


And just when we thought the day couldn't get any better, we got a great surprise. Well, daddy and I knew about it, but we sure did surprise mom-mom. Me and daddy went out for a while when mom-mom was making my cake and we came home with a surprise visitor!!! Grampa came for my birthday!!! Mom-mom was so happy to see him, and I was happy to finally have someone in the house who can read my butterfly book the right way.

Here's the cake mom-mom made me for my 2nd birthday. She thought it turned out pretty good. And it was really tasty!

Here's a picture of me checking out my Thomas cake and comparing it to the model in front of me...not bad, mom-mom.

Grampa helped me blow out my candle. We did a fantastic job!

And then daddy cut me a GIANT piece of cake. I had a little help, but I pretty much ate the whole thing. Wow.

I got a TON of Thomas pieces for my borthday, and I am the happiest little boy ever right now. Gramma Jojo sent me some really neat animal cars for my trains, Grandma Susan and Grampa Ken gave me a few more, Uncle Brett gave me MORE, and Aunt Sarah even gave me some Thomas guy for the bathtub! Sarah gave me some clothes, too, which I insisted on putting on immediately and kept on all night. Really...a 2 year old who is excited about clothes. Uncle Darren gave me some poker chips and a really neat fire truck with lights and sirens. And then I got another special gift from Grandma Susan, too. She gave me my very own set of golf clubs! I can't wait til I get to use them outside.

Mom-mom thinks this is funny...I'm not sure why...but I kept crawling back up into my chair all night and singing "Happy Birthday" to myself. The first time we did it, I got cake. The second time, mom-mom gave me more cake...I think I've got this birthday thing figured out!


Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I am a very, very lucky boy to have such special friends and family. I love you all so much.

Love,
The Two Year Old Jacob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great day. I wish I could have been there.