Thursday, February 19, 2009

EGGS!

While we were on vacation last week, something very exciting happened at our house.

Remember those silly chickens that we have? Well, they started laying EGGS! Me and mom-mom aren't too sure if they are both laying eggs or if it's just one, but it is very exciting. I help mom-mom get the eggs in the morning when we feed the chickens. We are saving them up for the weekend and then we are going to have a big egg breakfast with daddy!

Here's the egg in the nest.

Here I am doing the quality check. Mom-mom doesn't understand why this must be done without pants.

"It's a good one!"

No, no. Don't eat the egg yet.
And here are the eggs we've collected so far (minus the three broken ones that we threw out).

And to answer the most common question: We don't know. Everyone asks what color they are...they are kind of a brownish-greenish color. Like if you took a white egg and quickly dipped it into ALL of the Easter egg dyes. Maybe they will change color over time, maybe this is just the color they will be. Maybe only one chicken laid all of these eggs (they are all exactly the same) and the other will lay different ones. We'll see!

A note on the "no pants" thing...I have recently decided that I do not like to wear pants. At all. Last night mom-mom said I had to wear pants for dinner, so Darren helped me put some on. As soon as I was finished and got down from my seat, I announced that it was time for "PANTS OFF!" Fantastic.

Everybody have a good day today! Sorry we didn't post anything yesterday, but we were much too busy. We went to our swimming group in the morning and I got to see my new friend Jack and play in the water. I came home and covered myself in mud (quite literally from head to toe), took a bath, then took a 3 1/2 hour nap. Doesn't leave much time for blogging, I'm afraid. But, I did want to wish my Aunt Candy a Happy Birthday!!! I hope she had a wonderful day. And I also wanted to remind my cousin Ken that we love him and we're thinking about him. Big hugs!

Love, J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. I was getting a little worried that something had happened to your page. As far as the pants off goes, I think there is a show that you can participate in even though you are a little young.Hey, you have alot of years ahead that will require pants. Go pantless when you can. Stop at the potty while you are at it.

Janis said...

Jack doesn't like to wear pants either. Actually, he doesn't like to wear any clothes, even as cold as it's been. Let's take them to Black's Beach so they can run around with the other nudists.