Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesdays with Grumpa

A boy and his grampa.

We were much too busy to post anything earlier today. Mom-mom and I are just catching up now. We were having way too much fun with Grumpa to sit here inside with a computer!

This morning we took Grumpa to our Zoo. We wanted to go on the train at Balboa Park, but apparently they didn't know me and Grumpa were coming - they were closed. So, we went to the Zoo instead.
Grumpa taught me to count the flamingos. If you are familiar with the way he taught me to count butterflies, you'll understand why we are laughing here as we count "flamingo, flamingo, flamingo, flmngo, flmno...".

We checked out some monkeys. I kinda liked the birds that were flapping aound in there better than the monleys that were actually part of the exhibit.

And then we spent the entire rest of our visit at the petting zoo. This is also funnier if you know that Grumpa has goats at home.

Those goats and sheep sure were fun to play with. I am pretty sure I should be able to ride them, but mom-mom kept telling me that they were NOT horsies. I think she might be wrong.


Thank you so much Grumpa Mike for coming to my house for my birthday. You helped make my party even more special, and I'm so glad that I got to spend some time with you yesterday and today. Mom-mom and I can't wait til we get to have the same fun again next week with Jojo, too!

Love, J

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen Mike smile so much! Apparently, "grand"children are more fun than children.