Monday, November 28, 2011

Week in Review

Remember back when we used to post stuff every day? How in the world did we ever have the time to do it?

Here are some pictures from the last week.


Here's me with my birthday present from Jacob. See Nemo in there? He's my favorite.

My Elmo cake! Mommy and Gramma Jojo made it for me. It sure was tasty!

Judging by this picture, there must be a video of my birthday party somewhere...maybe Mom will find that camera.

Jake was really excited to be a part of my party. I can tell he was happy to watch me open my presents.

We went to the park with Gramma Jojo and I talked her into pushing me on the swing.

Jake mostly played with his friend on this spinny thing. They sure seemed to be having a good time.

One day, we went on a trolley ride with Jojo. Here we are waiting to get on and take a ride to Old Town. FYI, they have a CANDY STORE in Old Town. You know the expression "like a kid in a candy store?" Well, I'm the kid they are talking about.

We went to the Zoo with Jojo, too. How many animals can yousee in this picture?

 Thanksgiving morning started out with the first annual San Diego Turkey Trot. It was a success and we will be continuing the tradition.

We followed that up with a delicious dinner of turkey and mashed potatoes, which are pretty much our favorite foods. Except for pie...which we got to have, too! After dinner, we had a big puppet show. What a great holiday Thanksgiving is!

And then, the next day, a horrible thing happened. We had to take Jojo to the airport. I cried when she got out of the car. I just don't get why I couldn't go with her. I cried all the way home. Mom and Jake seemed pretty sad, too. Dad looked upset, but it might have been from all of the crying in the car :/

We had to find something fun to do to make us feel a little better about things, so Saturday night we went to SeaWorld for the Shamu Christmas Show. We had a fun time. No pictures, it being a nighttime show and all.

Then Sunday morning, since it was such a perfect San Diego day, we went for a hike. Jake was setting "traps" the whole time. See his trap right there on the ground? He was trying to catch a cheetah.

Three hikers. No cheetahs yet.



One monkey in a tree.

And another monkey in a tree. 

We even found a path that led down to the river. And you know what we like to do when we find a river...

Throw rocks!

Jake and Daddy look like they are having a serious planning discussion here.

And now it's back to reality. No more Gramma Jojo. Back to school. Back to work.

Last week was pretty awesome. I like this whole birthday/Gramma Jojo/Thanksgiving thing.

Love, 
(the two year old) R

1 comment:

Mary Pat said...

I love this. We can't wait to see you again!