Friday, May 28, 2010

Butterflies, Beaches and.....zzzz.....

This morning my class went to see butterflies! We drove up to Encinitas to visit the Monarch Program's butterfly house.

(Ask my mom about the grumpy fellow who ran it. She said if you clearly dislike and are annoyed by children, you probably shouldn't invite 15 3 year olds over and then try to make them watch a slideshow.)

The butterfly house itself was pretty neat, though...not real big, but there were lots of friendly butterflies in there.

We got to feed them their breakfast - nasty, old watermelon. I tried a bite (even though everyone told me not to) and it was horrible.

Yes, we had to take him along, too.

We got to pet some caterpillars.

I thought these were pretty cool. You could even see through some of them and see the wings of a butterfly ready to hatch!

The nice butterfly lady showed us some eggs and little, tiny baby caterpillars.

Can you see the eggs and the teeny, tiny caterpillar right near the middle? Cute, huh?
We were supposed to have lunch with all of the kids from school but we couldn't find a parking spot so we made our own plan! We went to the beach to play for a while.

Mommy says I look like Bigfoot walking in the picture. I don't see it.

Daddy met us for lunch and brought me a chocolate milkshake. Way tastier than the water and apples mom packed.

Ryan was getting tired so we had to leave. I wasn't tired at all. Nope, not me...





Happy Memorial day weekend, everyone! We love you.

Love,
J

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

LOL, that's hilarious! You must send that one to funniest home videos. Was that his phone ringing at the end of the video?