Thursday, December 2, 2010

NOT Our Christmas Card Pictures

But they are kinda funny.

Mom loves each of these pictures for a different reason.

Like because in this one, you can see me trying to decorate Ryan.

Me trying to hold him in my lap.

Whoops.

I'll just give him a little pinch. (Not really, but it sure does look like I'm going to.)

Mom, my hat!

C'mon over here brother.

I'll just give you a big hug around your neck.

Ok, he didn't like the choking. Maybe a little tickling...

Dad says we look like we just saw a bigfoot walk through the room.

ENOUGH already, Mom.

Here. How about this face?

Ryan kept crawling away.

I did not want to get closer. Maybe you can tell...?

Ryan's face. Priceless.

This is a picture of cooperation.

We have hundreds more. A few of them are nice and we are saving them for our Christmas cards. Or maybe not. Maybe we'll just use some of these since they are a more accurate depiction of life in our house.

Happy holidays!

Love,
J

(Did you know that people used to have to actually develop photos? And, like, pay to develop them? How in the world did anyone ever get a good picture without spending a ton of money? Mom literally took 241 shots and ended up with a handful of good ones. We love digital cameras.)

4 comments:

Janis said...

I LOVE them! The last one might be my favorite, though. :)

Aunt Becky said...

Well, you have it exactly right! Having been on hundreds of photo shoots before digital cameras, it was all a crap shoot. The photographer would take polaroids to test the lighting, but when we went to film you would hope and pray you got one you could use. And then the film would come back in a tiny transparency format, so to see if the focus was on or the expression was right you had to look through a magnifying glass. It took forever! And don't even get me started on how you had to adjust the actual image after that. Thank God for Photoshop!

holkoboys said...

Becky, there was obviously some real skill involved before.

Obviously, any yahoo can take pictures now!

GJJ said...

I love that any yahoo, though!!!!