Monday, January 16, 2012

Lizards

You know what happened while we were in Buffalo?

A LIZARD moved into our yard. He's awesome.



Jake spotted him first.

He called me over and we c a r e f u l l y crept up on him. Mom didn't even believe how quiet we were being.

He sat there for a little while and then crawled over the edge of the wall.

We watched him go all the way down to the end by the chickens.

We have looked for him every day since. It's weird, but it almost seems like he hides when we come busting through the door...

We had a really great weekend and Mom is still sad that she didn't bring her camera on our Sunday hike. We spent the morning at Torrey Pines wandering the trails. Even I could walk most of it! We were cute and it was beautiful...imagine how lovely the photos would have been.

So our big plant today is to hang out at home. It's been sunny all week, but today is cloudy and cool. (We definitely don't plan outdoor activities in San Diego when it's 60 degrees and cloudy.)

Mom and I "worked" for a while this morning.


This is my "good boy" pose.

And this is me drinking the rest of Mom's coffee. I do it every day.

It's just so good!

I am, of course, wearing my puppy shoes. (I would be wearing my snow boots of we'd brought them back here.) They have become interchangeable with my new Toy Story slipper-boots.

Jacob is happy because Mom extended his video game-playing time this morning. He'd play MarioKart all day if not for the timer we set for him. (30 minutes...just like when Mom was little and played the original Nintendo.)

Such concentration!

Happy MLK day! And happy birthday, Uncle Danny...a day late. We love you!

Love,
R

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

Why didn't I think of that? A timer!!!